Did ever want to make tea, but couldn’t find the exact type of tea in your messy cupboard? This is what happens to me quite often: I want to serve tea, but mostly I have a hard time finding the right tea bag. After too many times wasting my time searching for them, I finally found an awesome solution: tea cans! They are not just perfect to the tea, they also bring some style to my kitchen. And in case I have to search ever again, people even have the opportunity to look at these decorative and pretty cans.
If you want to create your own tea cans too, you only have to follow these easy peasy instructions and you will have more time for the really important things in life.
What Do You Need:
- A Can (or more, depending on how many tea cans you want to create)
- Craft Paper (with your favourite patterns)
- A Ruler (very strong)
- A Nail
- Roll of Chalkboard Label Paper (any colour or pattern you like)
- Chalk Marker Pen
What Do You Have To Do:
- Cut the paper so that it fits perfectly around the can. If you have as many pieces of paper as you need (depending on the amount of tea cans you want to create) you glue them on the can. Press the paper to the metal and hold your hands tight around the can. Stay like this for around 2 minutes per can.
- After the glue has dried completely, you trace and cut out your label shape on the chalkboard paper.
- Then you peel off the back and place the label on the front of the can.
- You’re almost finished. The easiest way is to glue the knob on the lid, but it’s more stable if you screw it. Make a hole, where the knob shall be. I used a nail and carefully hammered it through the metal. Please be careful and watch out for your fingers (you might even want to wear safety gloves).
- When the knob is screwed onto the lid you’re almost done. Lastly you only need to label your can with the chalk marker pen.
So that’s it! 🙂 I hope you enjoy your new tea cans.
What’s your favourite type of tea and how do you store it?