It’s almost spring and after that comes summer, and summer is beach time and that means better to be in shape. Although I’m quite lazy a person I know I have to start with sports again. And I guess playing Fifa on PS4 doesn’t really count, huh? I grabbed my best friend and reactivated my gym membership, which I already pay for since a long time ago. But as we all know doing sports is only one side of the coin, when you want to become more fit and healthy. So, I did a little research for nice and easy recipes and found out, that you can do many cool things with canned food, especially beans. As you might remember – I just love canned beans and have always some at home. Another benefit of cans, you can make your dish very fast without cutting and cooking.
One of my new favourites I want to share with you: Give yourself an extra dose of fiber and flavour with this delicious beet & white bean salad!
What You Need for a Bowl of Beet & White Bean Salad
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can whole beets, well drained and each cut in half
- 1 can white kidney beans or white beans
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- Lamb’s lettuce
Get Started with your Salad
- For the dressing: Put cider vinegar, mustard, and sugar in a bowl and gradually add olive oil until all is well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad: Combine beets and white beans in a bowl. Toss with the dressing.
- Serve with lettuce and crumbled blue cheese.
So try this recipe and let me know if you like it! I’m really looking forward to your comment.