While many baking recipes are based on a lot of butter and oil I was looking for something more healthy. Spring finally comes closer and I really like carrots, so nothing fits better than this recipe for some delicious carrot muffins. Thanks to canned goods I can have them as fresh as I want (everyone knows that right now isn’t carrot season – so no local carrots for me). As my family comes to visit me next week, these carrot muffins are a great meal to celebrate a pre Easter snack with the people I love.
I absolutely love carrots because they are filling and healthy at the same time. The carotene and vitamine A protects and strengthens our eyes and is very good for your skin.
So, eyes wide open for some carrot cans and let’s get baking! J
What Do You Need:
What Do You Have To Do:
1. First preheat the oven to 180°.
2. Then put the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder) in a large bowl.
3. Use another bowl and mash carrots until they are smooth. Now add egg whites, chopped walnuts and clove powder to it until the mass is well blended.
4. Mix all ingredients together and spoon the dough into the prepared muffin tin, almost to the top.
5. Now the baking can start: Put the muffins in the oven for 25 minutes. After that let them cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Extra tip: For some colour you can add frosting and put the muffins on an etagere.
What‘s your favourite muffin recipe? Do you have any recommandations? Please leave a comment below.