In the past few weeks, I really had to fight getting up in the morning, I bet you know what I mean. Especially on Mondays I feel like covering my head with the blanket for at least two more hours. But also days that don’t start with ‘M’ are quite a challenge for me and my sleepy mood. Someone else with the same problem out there?
When I finally manage to get up and find a way to crawl out of my personal cosy heaven, I don’t take a detour and head straight into my kitchen. Because the only thing that can rescue my morning mood is food! So I walk over to my fridge with subtle excitement (but not too much!), open the door of the silvery shiny giant and then that: The light turns on and I hear the tune of ‘Once Upon a Time in the West’ (you know the one with the creepy sound of the harmonica) because nothing is in there. My mood-o-meter already starts dropping into the red zone so I need to find a relief for that. What now? Starting the day in a bad mood? That’s not an option for me!
Lucky me, because I lately came across some super sweet DIY magnetic smileys. I know, I’m easy to catch but honestly I think they will make everybody laugh. These little magnets are now my everyday helper to start the day with a smile. I put them on my fridge’s door and now, even if I don’t find anything in my fridge, my mood does not drop instantly. As I said, I’m easy to please.
If you want some of those helpers for yourself you shouldn’t wait and start creating your own ones just like I did.
Here’s what you need:
- Bottle caps
- A cutter knife
- Small magnets
What you have to do:
- Cut the cork into thin slices. The amount of the slices depends on the number of smileys you want to make. It’s up to you!
- Put the cork inside the bottle caps. When the glue has dried completely you do exactly the same with the magnet pieces and glue them on the cork.
- Now add your favourite colour to the magnet smiling faces. As I said, there are no limits to your imagination.
- When you’re done colouring, let the pieces dry.
- Afterwards, you can finally put the magnets on your fridge or on any other magnetic surface.
What do you need to start your day right? Are there any secrets? Let me know in the comments below. 🙂