Starting this year, I finally want to change something about my nutrition. Which seemed to me less difficult after the holidays. Why? After I ate every single cookie I could find, I need to finally eat less carbs and more fresh vegetables and fruits.
A recipe that I favour is my hot chickpea soup. Chickpeas are full of proteins and well soups are just perfect when it comes to cold January days (#nowordsneeded).
So grab some cans and get cooking! 😉
What Do You Need:
– 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
– 1 Medium Onion, chopped
– 1 Large Garlic Clove, minced
– 2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
– 800 Grams Chicken Broth
– 1 Cup Water
– 4 Cups Cubed Butternut Pumpkin
– 1/4 Tsp. Salt
– 450 Grams Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 400 Grams Sliced Carrots, drained
– 400 Grams Kale, coarsely chopped
What Do You Have To Do:
- First put oil, onions and garlic in a pan and heat it up until it gets soft. Add cumin and leave it for one minute.
- Then you can already add the broth, water and pumpkin and salt. Heat and boil it.
- Afterwards you can lower the heat and start simmer the stew for more than 20 minutes. The more time you give, the softer the pumpkin will be.
- Finally add chickpeas, carrots and cale. Continue to simmer about 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Et voila: Your healthy lunch is ready! For some extra spice you can add parsley on top. 😉
What’s your favourite healthy food? Do you have any recommandations? Please leave a comment.