Drum rolls please: It’s finally getting hot out here! Suddenly, it’s summer. Time to get out your sunglasses, go outside and cool down with some frozen treats. I cannot think of a better way to refresh myself than with this delicious peach yoghurt sorbet I know from my grandma! When temperatures reach a point where every move is too much, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. That is why this quickly made dessert is on the top of my favorite summer recipe list. After all, you just need four ingredients to prepare this yummy treat in less than 10 minutes (plus cooling time).
What Do You Need:
- 4 cups canned peaches
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
What Do You Have To Do:
- First, keep an eye on the weather report. If it forecasts high temperatures for the next day, you should head over straight to the kitchen! 😉
- After arriving there, open a can of sliced peaches, dice and freeze them for at least 6 hours.
- Afterwards, let them defrost for a moment and blend them along with the almond milk, the honey and the lemon juice until smooth.
- Finally, put the mixture in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Then serve cold and enjoy the sorbet’s creamy texture.
Pro tip: If you replace the honey by agave nectar, your vegan friends can also enjoy the sorbet.
Almost the best about it: You don’t need an ice cream machine. But what surprised me even more when preparing the peach yoghurt sorbet for the first time on my own was, that I already had all ingredients at home. No need to figure out if it is too hot to go shopping! Just empty your pantry and start making your sorbet directly (of course, you can try the recipe with any other canned fruits you have in stock).
I’m pretty sure that this tasty delight will blow you away – and it is actually really healthy. Why? Check out Nadine’s blog article about smoothies. She answers nearly all your potential questions!
How do you chill when the thermometer hits more than 35 degree Celsius? Do you have any recommendations for a cold goody that is as easy to prepare as my peach yoghurt sorbet? Let me know in the comment section below.