When I was little, I mean very little, just a munchkin still in my swaddling clothes, I really enjoyed laying on my pink blanket with fairies all over it. I liked watching the environment, how my parents scurried through the house, how our dog slept next to me. But what I loved most was my sweet colourful mobile! At least that’s what my mother tells me … My grandma made it for me one day before my birth and I still have it. Yes, you heard right – she did it all by herself! And what’s best about it: It’s made of cans!
I already know that I will do one for my own children someday. It’s so beautiful and something special. And I swear it’s very easy! So, if you wanna do one for your children, family or you need a gift for a friend, here is how it works:
- Cans, cans, cans
- 1 big ring
- Cloth or wool
The Way it Works:
- Colour the cans how you like it. If you want to you can add stickers or glitter – whatever you like.
- Drape the ring with cloth or wool.
- Cut the strings in different length and glue them onto the cans.
- Tie the other end of the string around the ring.
- Take three more strings, tie them around the ring and put them together to hang the mobile on the ceiling.
Isn’t it easy? Your little one will love it and sleep better than ever with this beautiful and self-made mobile. Or it will watch it all day – fascinated by all the beautiful cans.
By the way: I made one for my sister. She’s twentysomething and she loves it! So, if you don’t have children, it’s a nice gift for adults as well. 😉
Do you love mobiles or loved them as a child? How do you like this cute DIY? Tell us in the comments below.