When I was a child, I always dreamt of being a princess! I loved Barbie and Disney princesses with their handsome princes and played to be one whenever I could. Isn’t it a great motto for a children’s birthday party? Too bad that my parents weren’t very creative when it came to my parties … Now I can’t wait to throw birthday parties for my own children (that I don’t have yet), because I have so many great ideas on my mind! So, what about some canny crowns for the little birthday kid?
Here’s What You Need, My Royalty!
- Acetone and an old rag
- Paint in any colour you like
- A brush
- Abrasive paper for sanding
- Normal paper for the pattern
- A felt pen
- And, of course: cans!
Here’s How You Do It:
- Take a can and rub it with acetone and an old rag. The acetone will remove the glue from the can, so the colour will last longer.
- Cut a pattern out of the paper for the crown and its spikes and trace it on the can.
- Cut along the outlines to make the can a crown.
- Sand the sharp edges with abrasive paper.
- Take the pearls and glue them on the spikes of your crown.
- Colour the crown with a brush. You can choose any colour you wish.
- Let it dry and have some royal fun!
Looks beautiful, right? You can use the crown as decoration and fill it with stuff you like. It’s also possible to put some sweets in it, for example, some candy bars, or nice flowers. Or you might also put some little presents for the birthday kid in it. Of course, you can create many crowns in different colours and sizes to do this all. I’m pretty sure your child will like it, no matter if it’s a boy or a girl!
How does your canny crown look like and what did you do with it? Do you like our birthday party tips?