One of the greatest pleasures in life is a relaxing Sunday breakfast. That is why every Sunday morning my wife and I start the day with delicious pancakes. We serve them with various canned fruits, preferably apricots and sweet spreads. But last Sunday, we tried a very different recipe.
We had all the ingredients for our Sunday pancakes at home, but really didn’t feel like anything sweet. Without further hesitation we picked a few of our favourite cans stored in the cupboard and tried some experiments. As a result, we came up with an amazing recipe that we definitely have to share with you:
This is what you need for our new creation “Canned Corn and Bacon Skillet Pancakes”:
- 900 grams canned corn, drained
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup corn meal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
This is how you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 200° C.
- Put canned corn, milk, cream, eggs and egg yolks into your mixer and blend until the mixture is creamy.
- Combine the cheese with flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- After that, fold in the liquid mass until the mixture forms lumps.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet, grease it with oil and butter and fill it with the pancake mixture.
- For the taste, sprinkle it with bacon.
- Put it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the pancake is golden brown.
That was definitely a culinary delight! What’s your favourite breakfast? Tell us in the comments!