New Year, new me! We all know these wall tattoo quotes and guess what? New year, new me – never gonna happen! I like myself the way I am. But admitted, my lifestyle could be a little healthier. A little less grilled meat and perhaps more vegetables and stuff. Why do the “bad” things always taste so good? So, my girlfriend (who is the real driving force of this) and me searched the internet for some nice and healthy recipes. Important to us, as we both have a full-time job, was to get some dishes we can make from canned food. Sadly, my suggestions such as my famous chili (cheese) con carne, weren’t “new year, new me”-suited enough. But after all, I found a nice recipe for some hearty burgers made from red beans! And of course I share this holy grail of canned food sliders with you. So get ready for some canilicious food action!
What You Need for This Tasty Snack:
- 2 cans of red beans
- 200 g carrots
- 1 red onion
- Fresh garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 50 g flour
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 50 g arugula
- 4 burger buns
- Fresh basil
- Sauce or dressings of your choice
Get them Ready!
- Wash the beans and get them dry. Wash, peel and finely grate the carrots. Peel and finely chop the garlic and onions. Put everything together and mix it with a hand blender.
- Add the flour to the mixture and make four equal-sized patties from the dough.
- Wash the tomatoes, cucumber and arugula. Slice the tomatoes and the cucumber as you prefer.
- Place the bean patties on a piece of aluminium foil and grill them from both sides (on a hot grill or in a pan.)
- Slice the buns and roast them on the grill or put them in the oven for 5 minutes until warm and golden brown.
- Create your burger out of the ingredients, top it with your favourite sauce and enjoy!
I ‘m sure you will enjoy this burger! Do you have any cool and healthy recipe ideas you want to share with us? Leave us your favourite recipe in the comments!