Especially in the weeks before Christmas people get into the crafting and decorating maze. Last year I was so busy that I could not craft an Advent Calendar for my boyfriend. Thus I had to buy one, which wasn’t particularly decorative! The worst thing was, he had a self-made calendar for me. Oops!
So this year I had to top it and surprise him with a really good one. As I created a canny advents wreath last year, I thought of a canny DIY advent calendar this year. An advent calendar out of cans is what I came up with. So, during the 24 days before Christmas, there will be a little surprise waiting for him in cans, each day! And although he is 29: You are never too old for an advent calendar! 🙂 I hope he likes it! 😀 If you also want to have a decorative advents calendar for your loved ones, here is how it is done:
What Do You Need for the DIY Advent Calendar:
- 24 used tin cans
- 1 sticker set with numbers from 1 to 24
- 1-2 can acrylic spray paint/coating (suitable for your other decoration stuff)
- A knob
- 24 nails
What Do You Have To Do:
Of course, you can use other variations of how to do it, but here is how I imagine the perfect DIY can calendar.
- Wash the cans and sting two holes in the top (right and left). Important: drill the holes before painting.
- In the next step, spray all cans with acrylic spray paint. The typical Christmas colour is red, so I decided to choose dark Christmas red. You can also use other colours or several at once if you can not decide on one colour.
- When the varnish has dried, you can stick the stickers on to the cans.
- Then you pull the wire through the holes in the can to give them a bail.
- In the last step, you equip the knob with 24 nails and hang the cans on it. They are allowed to be hung up in a mess so that you have to search for the right day. 😉
Have fun with it and enjoy the days until Christmas! ???? What are your ideas? Leave your inspiration in the comment section below.