Ok, so ‘tis the season, again! I am an absolute Christmas lover and love decorating the house turning it into a winter wonderland, preparing nice advent calendars for my loved ones, and of course, enjoy all the great food the winter season has to offer. One of my all-time favorite foods, when it’s cold outside, are baked apples. They definitely are on my “like to eat”-list every year (yes, I really have that kind of a list) 😀 I’m going to share with you my secret recipe for absolute delicious (and healthy!) baked apples.
The Best Way to Make Baked Apples
Since I’ve moved to another city just a few months ago my kitchen equipment is not that advanced, actually. So I have to improvise very often when cooking some delicious foods. That’s where all my used cans, which I gather in my cupboard, come in handy! So let’s do it and prepare some great baked apples in cans for your next Christmas dinner with your friends (or yourself!).
What You Need for 6 Baked Apples:
- 6 sweet and sour apples (obviously!) – make sure they fit into your cans
- 6 cans
- Almond flakes
- Almond cream
- Soy or oat milk
- Vanilla pulp
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
This is How You Do it:
- First off preheat your oven to 200° (top- and bottom heat). Wash your apples, dry them and cut off their heads so that you have some kind of lid.
- Now take a spoon to scoop out the insides of your apples.
- Third, you take a bowl and put your almond cream, almond flakes, and the raisins in there and mix them into a nice cream. Stuff your apples with the filling.
- This is the canny part: Take your stuffed apples and place them in the cans. You can put the lid you’ve cut off in the first step on their heads now. Bake them in the oven for around 20 minutes.
- Now we’re heading to our vanilla sauce. For that heat your soy or oat milk with the vanilla pulp. Stir in the starch and make sure that the sauce doesn’t go lumpy. Stir it steadily for 10 minutes.
- Pour your sauce over the apples and enjoy!
What are your favorite baked apple recipes? Leave them in the comment section below!