What I learned in the past weeks is that complaining about this non-existing summer doesn’t help! “Stop nagging and start doing something about it”, I thought. What always works for me is rewarding myself with good food or a good shopping trip at the mall. Because shopping only works if my bank account doesn’t show an “out of order sign” – sadly this does happen too often. So I have to go for food and indulge myself with a delicious meal.
What Do You Need:
- 8 ounces of whole grain fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, without additional salt
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 can tuna, drained and packed in water
- 1 can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
What Do You Have To Do:
- To get as fast as possible to your yummy pasta, you start cooking the fettuccine according to the instructions.
- Meanwhile you heat the oil in a pan. Then add onions and garlic and brown them for about five minutes until they become soft. Add the diced tomatoes and capers and simmer again for five minutes. Add tuna, olives, salt and pepper.
- The ‘grande finale’: Mix the noodles with the tuna sauce.
- Tip: Add a handful of grated parmesan to make the pasta even more delicious.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the taste of Italian autumn!
Do you have a special pasta recipe? Or what kind of recipe reminds gets you in Autumn-y mood? Please leave a comment.