Everyone knows it, everyone has used it before and many do not even know what they can do with it. What I’m talking about is classy hairspray! We all know these fancy advertisements with beautiful women shaking their thick, wavy, and long hair. Just a quick check in the mirror and reality hits in no time: What I look like most of the time is light-years away from these glamorous styles. So, you think your hair will never look like this? Don’t worry, you just probably are as big a hair noob as me! It costs only a little change in your beauty routine to get everything out of your spray – I gathered my five hairspray hacks for you so that you can master the art of hair styling, too.
- Keep the Distance: “Most women hold the can too close to their head,” says Mark Townsend, hairstylist of Ashley Olsen, Cate Blanchett & Co., in an interview with W Magazine. “Hairspray is a wet product and before it touches the hair, it takes a distance of about 30cm to the head to dry.” This distance already guarantees that you apply the product evenly. Oh, well should’ve known that.
- I like to Move it, Move it – Move the Can: The can should be constantly in motion so that you spread the hairspray all over the head and there are no hairspray spots. Furthermore, do not just spray on the upper hair but also on the lower layers of hair by lifting individual strands. For more volume, you can also spray while headlong.
- The Brush Trick: To spread the product smoothly apply some hairspray to a brush and comb through the hair with it. This trick has an extra plus: Your hair gets shiny and bright. Yes!
- Goodbye Greasy Bangs: Everyone with bangs will know the problem with oily hairlines. The solution is to blow your freshly washed bangs over a circular brush so that it does not lie on the forehead and spray some hairspray underneath. Problem solved – just as easy as that!
- Perfect Curls: Normally you fix your styling with hairspray after you use the curling iron. Well, If you thought this was smart, you were wrong! To get perfect curls, use it before. Of course, you can spray it once again in the end to fix the whole hairstyling. Did you know that hairspray is able to do more than only hairstyling? We’ll hook you up with some awesome hairspray hacks far away from your head in the upcoming posts. Stay tuned! And now girls, get ready for the next party. Your new hairstyle has to be shown to the world! 😉
If you have some more tricks or tips feel free to share with us! Leave them in the comment section below.